Monday, November 28, 2016

i cut my toe nails

Odd subject title, huh??? Well people cut their toe nails when they're gonna be out with their shoes off....and missionaries only take their shoes off in public when they baptize. So guess what that means? MY FIRST BAPTISM!

Let me just tell you that it's up there with the best experiences of my life. To baptize someone, to help bring their soul to Christ, and to know that we were the ones that helped Juana Maria arrive at that point....was amazing. The service was so spiritual I almost cried. This is what makes it all worth it. 

We don't have gas in the apartment right now, so basically we bathe with water that's so cold. When I get out of she shower my scalp´is numb and then hurts very painfully. We're in the process of figuring out how to buy gas. It's tough guys.

I was pretty much sick all week. Every member got very mad at and me and then regaƱaban (scolded me) I don't remember how to translate that one. So now I have this huge bag of medicine of pretty much anything you want for a cough or the flu. It's great that they actually care about me.

I gave another talk on Sunday, this time in Tezozomoc. We also didn't know about it until Saturday. It was crazy because I barely wrote anything and the words just came to me. A lot of people said they liked what I had to say. I really felt the spirit guiding my words and that I said what the Lord wanted me to say.

When I put my shirt on yesterday.....I couldn't button the top button.... it was really painful and took about 10 minutes to do but I finally got it. It was really really tough. I need to lose weight.

Enchiladas are really good. Like REALLY good. Also tortas. I finally had my first torta in the street and it was amazing.

Yesterday we went to a place called Toreo. It's not in our area but we had to meet the zone leaders. Basically Toreo is a ginormous mall. I saw some white people. I was so excited. I wanted to talk to them but I was to scared. We went about our business and we lost sight of them. As we came out of the bathroom we saw them again. I didn't want to  miss the opportunity again so I talked to the wife. I asked her if she spoke English. We started talking and she told me they are from Germany. They're visiting their brother that works in the embassy. She asked why I am here and I told her that I am a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Finally her husband came over and she asked how my Spanish is. I said it was okay and they asked me for help because they couldn't find their Uber, I was able to talk with the Uber driver and they got their ride and thanked me a lot. It was cool. It's amazing how I finally decided to talk to them.  It was really just because I wanted to speak English a little bit. They actually needed my help because it was getting dark and stuff. Afterwards I realized that the Lord led me to those people to help them....because I acted, they received the help they needed.... and it was just cool to speak English again

I know the lord has a perfect plan for us. We need to try and understand why Heavenly Father has us experience some of the things we do. It's all part of a perfect plan that He has for us. It's super hard to understand at times. Trust me, I've learned that in the few short months here....but  i know there IS a plan, I promise you that. People are placed in our way, good and bad, for a certain reason. It's through prayer, and the love that we gain for our savior that we understand, learn, and progress in this life.

I hope all of you guys are learning from me! Because I'm learning a lot right now and I love to share with all of you. Life as a missionary is super tough, a little scary, but more rewarding than anything else. I learned that this past weekend with our baptism. I love you guys so much!! And miss you too! Don't forget that. I hope you're all good. Have a great week this week!! Pray for me while I'm praying for you!!!

Elder Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment