Tuesday, January 10, 2017

the cube life

Hello family and all, it's just another day here at the cube farm with Elder Bennion from farmtown Utah.

There's honestly not much to write about unless you'd like me to detail how to organize a retention report or do a canje or renew a visa because that has consisted of my week.

Or I can tell you how to take out a voting credential.

We are in the super fancy part of Mexico City (its called Polanco) and we went to Costco!!! We bought lots of stuff for the house because it's a new house. I also bought stuff to make homemade bread....so that's exciting. I also bought 4 pounds of sour worms.

I got sick again this week....like really sick, like never thrown up so much in my life sick. Saturday night I didn't sleep a ton, and was throwing up until around 8 o clock Sunday morning. I really didn't want to miss church, so one of the senior couples brought me some medicine. I tried resting all that morning and then made it to the offices at 12 to finish up some work so I could get to church at 1. At around 12:30 we got a call from the sister that was going to feed us that day. I was really worried about it because I had orders to eat basically nothing, but she called us and asked us what we wanted to eat (which never happens). I was able to tell her just some chicken soup because I'm still pretty sick. For me this was a tender mercy from the Lord. In 1 Nephi 1:20 we learn about those tender mercies. I feel like if we focus on those tender mercies from Him life will be a lot better. We start to count all those blessings that we do have in life instead of focusing on all the hard or bad parts. It's hard, but I know if we can do that that we'll have more happiness and be able to focus on what really matters. 

Love you guys lots...everyone stay safe.  Talk to you guys next week.

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment