Tuesday, January 17, 2017

just another week in the offices

Quite honestly, there is nothing to say about this week. The office life is about the same thing over and over and over again for multiple hours a day. So this email will be pretty short.

As secretaries we live and work really close to all the senior missionary couples serving in Mexico. Our mission offices and the area offices of Mexico are down the street and around the corner from where all the senior couples live. So we get to know them pretty well. It's super cool. Some times we eat with the Senior couples which is really cool. Some of them grew up in the Mormon colonies. It's super weird because they're white but they grew up speaking Spanish and in Mexico. We get the best of both worlds. The first time we ate with a senior couple that grew up in the colonies we had a nice Mexican guisado. It was like eating with any other Mexican family. But yesterday we ate with the Messerly couple and we had rolls and mashed potatoes and roast. It was soooo good and we spoke English which was so weird. Anyway, life is good in the offices.

Today we ordered Dominos pizza because it's "pday" (pday really doesn't exist for secretaries)...that was extent of it.

I finally got up on our roof of our apartment complex last night! It was so legit to see all the buildings around. Mexico City is so pretty.

This week I was reflecting on what I've done in the mission up to now. It's not a whole lot really, but I have had a lot of different experiences that I've learned SO much from, and I'm so grateful for them. I was telling some senior missionaries about my two transfers, two robberies, and two baptisms and thinking about how really that doesn't sound like two great first transfers. But then I started thinking about how Heavenly Father has this perfect plan for every single one of us. He knows exactly what we need in every moment that we need it, and he's going to give it to us in those moments. I've really learned to appreciate that God's timing is not our timing. That He really is the one that knows. We think we know, but we don't. A scripture comes to mind, Proverbs 3:5-6....I remember the first time I read those scriptures. I remember thinking that, "wow, maybe I really don't know everything"....because we all know that I may or may not think that I'm the smartest person on the planet sometimes...but really, I'm not. I can accept that. I love that the mission has taught me humility and to accept the will of God. We have to go with his plan, because He knows. I love this church and this plan that we all have in our lives. I love that he knows, and if we can learn to accept that then we'll have a greater understanding of our purpose in this life.

Love you guys! Stay safe

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment