Wednesday, October 5, 2016

only 5 more days of this sheltered little world

hola todos! voy a tratar y hablar en español por un poco tiempo y ustedes pueden tratar y entender qué estoy diciendo!! JK...Typing in Spanish takes way too long. Literally it's only been four days guys so pretty much nada pasó. However generla conference was this past weekend and we watched all five sessions so I have 15 pages of notes!! It was crazy. For those of you who don't know what general conference is, we have it twice a year and the prophet and his apostles and other church leaders speak to us about what they feel we should hear. It's broadcast online and on tv as well. We kept talking about what we really liked and people would ask what my favorite talk was but there were literally so many that I cannot choose, so I'm gonna try and share some of my most favorite parts. I won't give who said what because that's gonna take a lot of time but just phrases that I really liked. One was "what shall we give in return for so much?" and "here i am doing what i can but am i trying hard enough?" I think it's a good thing to think about on a daily basis. Another really good one was "if i love the savior more will I suffer less?" and the answer is that no we can't avoid entirely our trials and tribulations but  we can find more peace and joy in our sorrows through the savior. That was super interesting to think about. Another thing I liked is that "our loving god is only so close as a prayer away" or something like that but it's so true and I've experienced it here in the mission so far. One of my favorite things was about Joseph Smith "Joseph did not let his questions paralyze his faith, but he turned to the scriptures for answers" and this is such a strong piece of advice. So often people let their faith falter without doing anything about it and Elder Rasband gave a great talk on protecting our faith. If we turn to the scriptures and ask in fervent prayer then we can solve our doubts. Something we should all think about is how "he had paid attention to my voice, but i paid no attention to His" and this is so true with the Savior and the whisperings of the spirit. We hear promptings all the time but how often do we act on them?? They're only there for our benefit. "He believed in me at a time i didn't believe in myself." The Savior is always rooting for us, he's there for us when we're not even there for ourselves and I'm so grateful for that. There's so much more I could talk about....that's like only the Saturday morning session!!! Everyone should go and watch all the sessions they're amazing. Also the same invitation as last week....everyone go read the Book of Mormon. It'll change your life!!! Another quote from conference is "as she looked to the book, she was led to the lord" speaking about a woman who started reading the Book of Mormon. I have such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and it has changed my life. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and I know that with every fiber of my being. There is no other place on earth that God would rather me be than right here in Mexico City. I'm so excited to be out in the field and start changing lives!!

I almost forgot! We got our filtered water bottles on Tuesday which was legit and I leave on a bus to my mission Monday morning at 6am!! The president is gonna come swoop us from the ccm so I'm pretty stoked!! les amo personas bellas!!!! tengan una buena semana!!!

​This is elder clawson he just left the ccm. He baptized his girlfriend in june, which is legit!

Elder Cluff was the district leader of 12a. He's pretty much my favorite person outside of our district.

Elder Skidmore is super goofy but he matured a lot here in the ccm. He also left this past Monday.

Elder Schwieger and Elder Romero were having a moment, idk why Schwieger was in my bed but its whatever


Enjoy this wonderful close up of my face but the point is: on Wednesdays we wear pink.

Look at this beautiful Mexican day and Elder Butterfield also​


No comments:

Post a Comment