Monday, October 31, 2016

hey dudes

Guys I finally found a keyboard where all of the keys work half decent! Except on Spanish keyboards theres no such thing as apostrofes. But anyway I expressed my feelings to Presidente Grossen in our email last Monday and Elder Bird called me this past week and talked to me in English (he's one of the assistants) so that was really nice and I felt a lot better after we talked. Also mom can you send me the bread recipe? We don't have an oven now but maybe I will some day. Also I want to tell you guys about the antigua mision. La antigua mision is the mission with President Whitehead. He was SUPER STRICT. Like it was crazy ridiculous they would yell at you if you didn't meet the goals and you couldn't do anything and you couldn't wear certain ties like they were hardcore. But they were also the highest baptizing mission in the world so I mean hey, But this week, I found 500 pesos just chilling in the street. That's a lot of money here. So I looked around for someone to give it to and there was no one so Elder Sanchez just told me to keep it. So I bought ice cream which was great. It was oreo flavored. We ate with an Hermana yesterday that told us her stories about how she used to cross the border all the time, it costs $100 dollars to cross. She also told us about how she got caught crossing one time. But nothing really happened so no worries. Also I'm gonna try and make it to the temple on Nov 16 so that week p day is on Wednesday the 16 not Monday. Finally this week we finally got investigators to church. Juana Maria was a miracle. She didn't want to go because she has a health problem where she has uncontrollable bathroom issues, and she had a little pena to leave the house. But on Saturday we had a lesson and at the end I just asked her: "¿Quiere bautizarse?" and she said yes. And I told her that she needs to go to church if she wants to be baptized. And so we testified that nothing at all would happen if she went, and so she told us she would talk to us that night to see if she would go. So we called and she said yes! and she even beat us to church (which is at 8 in the morning by the way) and she didn't go to the bathroom AT ALL during the meetings. Except in between Sacrament and Gospel Principles. but dude it was awesome. also I gave yet another blessing but I'll explain that in the group. Love you guys! See you in two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment