Friday, September 30, 2016

one more week

This one is just for you you can share out of it if you want but it'll be pretty detailed. So we had trc last Saturday which I think it's like teaching resource center or something but we call it "the real crap" because we go and teach real people instead of just our teachers. Normally people just have members come and they teach members here but we had A REAL INVESTIGATOR our very first lesson and we were super scared but we did really good we definitely should have baptized her. Also we've started teaching each other, so like I'm an investigator for a companionship in my district and every companionship teaches two, so I'm pretending to be Braxton and that's really fun. I was sick like Monday and Tuesday with a terrible headache and I felt pretty bad but it was only like a day or two and I was all good. I have a joke for you that our district made up. What kind of shoes do converts wear?? CONVERSE JAJAJAJAJA It's pretty funny. On Tuesday we had a devotional and so if we don't watch live from Provo then usually an area 70 comes so Tuesday it was all in Spanish. I mean they had a translator but i understood 97.2% of what he said which was great and it was pretty much the best ever. I felt like it applied so much to me. He talked about how we're not serving anyone but the Lord, how we need to focus 100% on what we're doing. Which I feel like I've been having problems with, and he shared a story about how his baby was going to die very soon after he was born but that night he went and prayed and super early the next morning he got a phone call that asked him to come right away to the hospital so he thought his child died. So he was sitting in the hospital with his head in his hands waiting for someone to come tell him and a lady came up to him, put her hand on his shoulder, and asked "who are you praying to?" (in Spanish duh but whatevs) and his child made a random miraculous recovery and it was amazing. Another thing is the fact that "que mas me falta?" or what lack I yet about just becoming the best we can. The final thing is that he said "nunca dude quien le llamo" or never forget who called you and that's so big for me and it just really hit me when he said it. *mateo 19:20-22* I've been reading Jesus the Christ a lot and I've learned so much. I feel so learned and intelligent and even like I've grown closer to Him through reading it. Okay so one more time I want some pictures!! I've also been craving lindor truffles if that's somehow a possibility. It's so crazy. I fasted just on my own on Wednesday and we happened to have all the best meals so Wednesday night was chicken and some apparently amazing rice, and then Thursday morning was pancakes so I was pretty upset about that but ya know blessings. And then also this kid offered us all krispy kreme when we got home which was super tough but again blessings on blessings on blessings. We had two people in our zone go home the past two days, which is pretty tough... Elder Ricketts who I loved and he is such a great guy I'm so proud of him for his decision and also Elder Detro who was an oddball but I was really upset to see him go.  It was so funny so we have a class with the mtc presidency on Sundays and last Sunday it was a poco aburrido so 3 out of 12 guys in my row during that class were awake it was so funny but oh well it happens. I got my haircut last Friday. I'll send a picture with the group. I've grown to love wearing sweaters. I wear them every morning and then change at lunch but I feel pretty classy and its like cold in the morning so it's useful but I wish I brought my navy one!! There are two guys here from really close by, Elder Lowry is from Prosper and Elder Schoen is in Frisco but he went to Centennial. It's so weird I just randomly started talking to them and they happened to live ten minutes from us. I think that's it!! JUST KIDDING HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! This is like my first major event I'm missing which is really sad but I'm chill, but yeah we get to watch all five sessions of conference so I'm excited!! Also this is a side note if there's anyway you can send me three things: missionary little book of answers, future as bright as your faith, and my navy sweater that would be super legit but if not it's not a problem at all!! Just would be cool to have them but really don't spend a lot of money on a package or stress about it...you can stress about packages at Christmas time ;) That's all I've got for now. I have about 25 minutes left to try and figure out this group email but it def wont be as long but feel free to share more about what I put here if you want!!! I'm doing awesome and I miss you guys!!! Love you all!!!
Josh: read Jesus the Christ about the origin of his name, Jesus comes from the greek yeshua, which in what we speak today is Joshua so there ya go. Also find the scripture about the city that has 7 mountains, it's in Revelations. The only city in the world with 7 mountains is Rome. Rome is where the catholic church is. You can figure out the rest, but I thought you'd enjoy that!
Kate: I hope volleyball is going good!! I guess you can just have my columbia jacket.  I miss you!!! Send me a letter or something this week.
I love you guys!!!!!!! See you in a few months (Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment