Friday, September 23, 2016

mexico is still dank

not a whole lot happened this week, weeks three and four are pretty tedious and the same. we teach a real person tomorrow which is kinda scary but the lord is on my side!!! this morning we went to the mexican consulate here and i signed my life away gave ten finger prints and i am a resident of mexico which is super cool. i bought a real mexican coke and it was definitely better than american coke yall should believe the hype and also we got FOUR CHURROS FOR 12 PESOS guys thats like 15 cents per churro its amazing. hmm what else all of our vecinos left which was super sad but ill be sending  pictures of everyone here in a little bit!! what else i learned a new tie knot which looks super great its nice and symmetrical so that was exciting. i also got pretty bored during class this week so i decided to draw a christus and i think i FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE omg okay next week. but anyway im learning so much!!!! we have class for probably around 9 hours a day and its all in spanish and about the gospel so it is definitely tiring but so rewarding. hermana orr shared a quote that said "dont let your mission happen to you. happen to your mission." and i thought that was super good. this week elder romero and i were called to be zone leaders which is actually really busy and kinda nerveracking or however you spell that but life is still good. so ive forgotten to talk about this for the past three weeks but they are actually parrots here!!! theyre these green birds that fly around everywhere and are super duper loud but its so exciting every time i see one i freak out. this week they like shaved the palm trees which was super weird but they had these chainsaws and they literally were just shaving down the sides of the trees. i didnt understand it but it was kinda funny to see them climb up the top of the trees with chainsaws hanging from their waists it was pretty funny. to ende on a more spiritual note this week we were reading in Mosiah 14. I strongly encourage everyone to read it, it's also the same as Isaiah 53 but we read it in the Book of Mormon so it was really great. It talks about how the Savior suffered for us and it's interesting because we all know that Christ physically suffered an enormous amount in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross as well but in this chapter it talks about how He was humiliated and treated like dirt and that no one cared for Him and it made me think about how much more His suffering means to me because of that. The fact that He not only bled and died for me but was emotionally torn apart during His life time so that I could be able to become clean again and live with my family forever is something that I can never pay back. I know that my Savior lives, that He bled and died for me. I know that through His infinite Atonement I can repent of my sins, and become more like my Father in Heaven. The more I think about how I put on my name tag every morning and wear Christ's name over my heart every moment of the day, I become more and more grateful for this opportunity to serve. I know there's no other place that the Lord would have me be, and that He's extremely pleased with my efforts. I love you all! I hope that you're doing well because I'm doing amazing! 

where i spend most of my time

my classroom where i spend most of my time

SQUADDD

mexico is actually a super pretty place, i love when it rains here

new and improved room, most of my district hates texas because of my lone star state pride

​i got mexican coke which had the name of abraham and those are alegrías, which are like a traditional mexican snack candy thing they taste weird but are addicting

​legendary picture of me with i think 12 desks stacked in a spiral

all the cool vecinos that wanted to take a picture!!!

elder estrada on the left, who was hilarious and spoke no english, and elder arrieta in the middle who spoke english and was super cool

elder aguirre wanted us all to dab so this picture is pretty lit





No comments:

Post a Comment