Friday, September 9, 2016

first week in the ccm was dope

guys the ccm is legit it's so crazy to think that I'm living in mexico right now. im super sorry that i cant use good grammar because i only have one hour and im already halfway through the hour!! okay first off the pictures, the first few are of the plane ride and elder butterfield who's from wyoming ended up on my flight, and hermana colby was on my flight too and theyre both in my district. the next picture is my casa, where i live, and the next is just a view from the street i live on, and then a selfie in some random mirror thing my companion elder romero and i found on campus. im gonna send a lot more in another email because i can only send so many this way its dumb. okay so lets see basically the second day we got our first investigator and had to teach them a lesson, so his name was santiago and we had six lessons with him and he said he believed in the church and was going to get baptized!! he even said he would stop drinking coffee. hmm so we talk in spanish in every single class so basically im fluent already, and we have two new investigators starting tomorrow. the night we got here an area authority (member of the 70) spoke at the devotional, and then we had a broadcast with david a bednar from provo, we hear another apostle on sunday, and then another on tuesday!! its so crazy. okay so also we have to prepare a five minute takl (in spanish obviously) on a different topic every sunday and they just call people out of the audience to speak. i think im playing a special musical number in sacrament meeting next sunday because i brought my sheet music. hmmm what else the food is great!!! its weird because tex mex is not mexican guys like its legitimately different and tastes really good. the weirdest thing i ate is called "fritos bautizados" well thats the nickname and theyre like soggy nachos topped with feta cheese. honestly it wouldnt be that weird but it WAS A BREAKFAST FOOD it was so weird but it tasted good. uhhh this morning we went to the temple and it was the best experience it was so spiritual and different and the temple here is beautiful and SO  HUGE, but it was lots of fun. im our district leader and were the only intermediate level district in our zone, and theres eight of us. elder romero is my companion, he's from taylorsville utah and played baseball. then theres elder schweiger and butterfield in my room, then elders nielsen and steele, and then hermanas orr and colby, and were like a huge family. hermano vargas and acosta are our morning and afternoon teachers, respectively and hermano vargas is like our best friend he's so funny and a great teacher and knows how to keep us sane sitting in the classroom for 10 hours a day. we have an hour of gym time every day and we lifted weights at first but then we discovered ping pong so elder romero and i are basically ready to play for the us olympic table tennis team. IMPORTANT: if you want to see my pictures be looking for another email. all in all the ccm is great now that i've adjusted and we all have so much fun and learn so much and i feel like im progressing a ton as a human being, missionary, son of god, and representative of jesus christ. i know that this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He loves everyone on the earth so immensely. I know that He sacrificed His life for us so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father someday. I know that this is where I'm supposed to be, and I'm so excited to be able to share what I know is true with everyone I meet. It makes me so happy and I want to make everyone else just as happy as I am. I've memorized like a million things this week but this is what I want to share from El Libro de Mormón. 
3 Nefi 5:13 "He aquí, soy discípulo de Jesucristo, el hijo de Dios. He sido llamado por Él para declarar Su palabra entre los de Su pueblo, a fin de que alcancen la vida eterna." Yo se que soy un discípulo de Jesucristo, estoy muy animado para la oportunidad para compartir el mensaje de Jesucristo con todas las personas de la misión México Ciudad de México Oeste, y digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.










1 - mexico city temple is huge and gorgeous
2 - also mexico city temple
3 - elder romero and i looking righteous
4 - elder esserine and i also looking righteous
5 - my name tag is legit and is also looking righteous (it's still weird to put it on like i'm actually a missionary now???)
6 - just me looking fly as always
more to come in another email








No comments:

Post a Comment