Monday, March 5, 2018

lovity, love, love, and amor

I've been thinking a lot about love lately. Not necessarily in the sense of getting married haha. A few weeks ago president sent a talk called "agency and love in marriage" and it talks about how we don't just "fall in love". Even though we use that phrase a lot, it's become something that seems just like an accident, like "oops I tripped and fell in love with a person". What this talk talks about is how love and agency are intertwined. Everytime we love someone, it's not just a coincidence, but we choose to love that person. Also the phrase "fall out of love" has become very common, and it implies the same thing, that two people just accidentally fell out of love, but it's not true! I would say that God has many reasons not to love us because of the mistakes we make, and when we're not obedient and all that fun stuff, but he continues choosing to love us. It's the same in marriage, in the family, with friends, and members in the church. Our circumstances can not prevent us from loving someone, we have to choose to keep loving that person. 

The other thought about love that I've had is a scripture in
1 John 3:18 :

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue
but in deed and in truth.

This scripture is really interesting, because saying "I love you" and showing it are two very different things. Yesterday at church someone said "I can't hear you speaking because your actions are too loud." and that is really true, because love is an action. I can say "I love you" to my mom, but if i don't ever wash the dishes or sweep the kitchen or make my bed, do I really love her? I'd like to invite all of us to be able to not love in word neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth. let us all show the love we have for others not just saying it, but proving it to them. I know that if we do so, if we strive to love others more, we'll feel more loved in our own lives. I know that Christ and God live and they love us! I know that repentance is real, we can always change, no matter how far we've gone away from God. I love you guys! Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment