Tuesday, March 13, 2018

life be good

This week was the best week we've had (in the sense of numbers) in a loooongg time. It felt good to see all our work in the numbers we had. We were able to find a lot of new investigators and had a lot of people go to church. Pray for us out here! Pray for the family Chavez Pacheco, and Fernando, and Estela. Other than that, not much has happened. It's been a normal week of solid work. 

A thought that I had this past week was something I read in Alma 37:
And now, my son, remember the words which have spoken unto you; trust not those secret plans unto this people, but 
teach them an everlasting hatred against sin and iniquity. 
I read this and thought it was really interesting that Alma says that Helaman should teach an "everlasting hatred" against sin and iniquity. I think some times we tolerate sin a little too much, or we have "favorite sins" in our lives. Even as missionaries we have them, things that we do that we probably shouldn't but we don't want to get rid of them. I believe that as Alma taught, we should all have an "everlasting hatred" against sin and iniquity. If we can develop that then we'll be able to avoid many problems that we could have in life. I know that small things we develop in our lives like this intolerance for sin, pure love for others, patience, and other attributes of Christ, we'll have more fun in life. We'll enjoy it more and see more of the good in everything! I'm sorry I don't have anymore pictures I really, really need to take some. Have a great week everyone!! Love you guys!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment