Wednesday, May 10, 2017

at the end of the tianguis

Hello my amados friends, I am now in the middle of nowhere, just chilling. My new area is called Tianguistenco, which means "the end of the tianguis" in some dialect. A tianguis is an open air market or something. I don't really know how to explain it TBH. It's a bunch of stands in the street where they sell EVERYTHING. Like I mean EVERYTHING. In my area there's the biggest one in all of Mexico. It's CRAZY. Like the entire colony where we live is just covered in stands. It's pretty crazy, but I'm stoked to be here.

So now I'm in the "pueblos" not in the city anymore, which means everything is SUPER different. The other night we saw a guy herding a herd of sheep down the street, and another guy riding his horse through the middle of town. There are dirt roads in a lot of the places we work in and it's super cool. It's a beautiful area with all these mountains surrounding the place, so hopefully we can get some cool pday action in and send some cool fotos. 

Here's my new apartment:






and the view from our balcony.

We're going to have a lot of success in this area. I can feel it, so I'm super excited to learn the area. Elder Matchett and I are opening this area. It's three hours in every direction on a bus. So pray for us. hahaha! The ward really needs our help so we're here to put some chispa in the ward and get them going again. 

These emails will be shorter now because of my limited computer capability. Before I go I want to share something from our district meeting yesterday.
I was asked to speak on the lesson 1 and how to teach it. Lesson 1 is the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it came about. I really wanted to focus on Joseph Smith and the first vision, and how we can share that experience with everyone so that they can feel the spirit. I had the different companionship's do some practices about how to teach it. I had the two sisters in our district teach me and then the other two elders teach my companion. One of the sisters started explaining it. She had me close me eyes and visualize the place where Joseph knelt. She started explaining what took place and shared the experience with me, and literally even as a missionary pretending to be an investigator I just about started crying because I could really feel the spirit so strongly. I know that it's a CRAZY experience and super hard to believe that a little joven saw God the Father and the Son, but I know that it happened. I know that he saw them both and that through him Christ's true church was restored to the earth. I'm so stoked to share that with a bunch of people here.

I'm so excited to be out in the field again! We're going to do everything we can to help the people here come unto Christ. Please pray for our safety, our success, and for the ward so they can keep growing and doing better!! I love you and miss you!

Also, today is Mexican Mother's day and Sunday is American Mother's day!! Happy Mother's day to all the cool moms out there like mine. Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment