Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"sabe bautizar?"


"sabe bautizar? porque si no le corrijo" -Obispo Fuentes 

WE BAPTIZED ON CHRISTMAS!!!! 
Let me tell you this crazy story. We had a baptism planned for the 25th for like two weeks. We did the interview on Saturday and everything is ready. We show up early to church on Sunday to fill up the font. We get it on and everything ready and then 30 minutes before church when were about to go pick up our investigatior she calls. I answer the phone and shes says "my daughter has a fever so we can't come to church today and also I'm not going to be baptized today." I was like well just rip my heart out and tear it to pieces why don't you, I was didn't know what to do so I just gave the phone to my companion. I told him what happened and he as well could not convince her. We just were like "adios bautismo". We waited a bit and then Elder Sanchez had an idea. He called her again and asked her "what if we do have the baptism at 7 tonight?"...and she said yes. We waited all day and then we baptized her last night at 7. It was wonderful. This is a white Christmas in the mission. 

I don't have a whole lot to say because I told everything to my parents yesterday when we talked on skype, There is one thing that I want to tell everyone. This Christmas I've really learned to value family. I was talking with someone about this, how before the mission there were traditions that I just despised sometimes. Like "hey were gonna drive around and look at Christmas lights!!" and I couldn't stand it! Or "hey were gonna go The Colony and watch the light show" and I'm like "we're willingly going to go to The Colony?" But this Christmas I would do almost anything to be able to watch Christmas lights with my family, I would give anything to be able to listen to Josh smack his cereal bright and early in the morning or hear Kate annoy the dog so that he starts barking. It's those small things that I never appreciated as much as I should have that I really, really miss. My invitation to everyone this Christmas is that we remember our families, and learn to love them a little more....because in the day that they're gone, you realize what you've lost. I'll be the first person to attest to the annoying-ness of families sometimes, but they're also those who we should love more than almost anyone else ever in the whole world. That's what I've really learned this Christmas. 

I hope that everyone enjoyed their presents but more so I hope that everyone remembers Christ this Christmas. Here's something from President Grossen to end. It's called Mary's dream: 
Mary's dream
I had a dream Joseph. I don't understand it, not really, but I think it was about a birthday celebration for our Son. I think that was what it was all about. The people had been preparing for it for about six weeks. They had decorated the house and bought elaborate gifts. It was peculiar, though because the presents weren't for our Son. They wrapped them in beautiful paper and tied them with lovely bows and stacked them under a tree. Yes, a tree Joseph, right in their house. They'd decorated the tree also. The branches were full of glowing balls and sparkling ornaments. There was a figure on top of the tree. It looked like an Angel might look. Oh it was beautiful. Everyone was laughing and happy. They were all excited about the gifts. They gave the gifts to each other, Joseph, not to our Son. I don't think they even knew Him. They never mentioned His name. Doesn't it seem odd for people to go to all that trouble to celebrate someone's birthday if they don't know Him. I had the strangest feeling that if our Son had gone to this celebration, He would have been intruding. Everything was so beautiful, Joseph, and everyone so full of cheer, but it made me want to cry. How sad for Jesus not to be wanted at His own birthday celebration. I'm glad it was only a dream. How terrible, Joseph, if it had been real!

I love all of you guys and miss you so much!!! Have a great new year and make some resolutions!! Write me pouch mail...ask my mom how to do that.

Love, Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment