Tuesday, December 20, 2016

it's Christmas?

Christmas is already here and it doesn't feel like it at all. It's pretty weird to be here and when it's Christmas and I'm not asking for presents or anything. But it's casual, the mission is pretty cool. 

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Christmas season and being out of school! We have half a day off and a conference...then we work the rest of the day. It's cool! I enjoy it. I'm not sad because I won't be getting presents or anything but I am just a little triste (sad) that the fam isn't here, ya feel??

This email is gonna be short, but a few things: we knocked an entire building this week. I read fourth floor last door one morning and felt inspired to go knock a building, so we did. First floor of 10 doors, nothing. Second floor of 10 doors, nothing, Third floor of 10 doors, nothing. Fourth floor, andddd....another 10 doors of nothing. Finally, the fifth floor, the promised land, where we would find the answer to our prayers, and 10 doors of nothing. I was just there thinking why in the world did I spend an hour knocking 5 floors, 50 doors in total, for nothing?....There's a principle here that I think I've already shared in other emails, but to me, there's faith, and then there's true faith. I think a lot of us have faith, we pray and we have the faith that things can happen. We know that Heavenly Father can answer our prayers, but that really isn't faith. It's easy to believe he can answer our prayers, give us what we want, but true faith, is that we trust that he gives us what we need. It's that faith that says "I know that you can save my child, heal my sister, fix this relationship, but if not....."it's the faith that says but if not, I still trust you. I still love you. I still know that you have a plan for me that's perfect. It's really hard, but there really is a plan that's perfect for all of us. We just need to trust in him. 

The final thing is that I feel like I've learned the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about the presents, it's not about the food, the fun...I mean those things are all great and I miss them, but it's not about that. We all know that, but do we understand it? I'm not really getting any presents, not having a ton of the typical fun, I'm still eating lots of food though....but with those things that I don't have this Christmas I understand why. Go watch He is the Gift, I think it's from two Christmas's ago. It's super great and helps us to understand what the true gift of Christmas is. 

I love Christmas SO MUCH!!! I miss you guys lots! This Christmas is really weird without everyone, but I know Heavenly Father doesn't want me in any other place, and that I'm exactly where he needs me to be. Have a fun Christmas and write me a nice Christmas email!!! Be safe, relax, and drink white hot chocolate because I cant find it in Mexico :( I love you guys! Remember what Christmas is really about!!

Elder Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment