Wednesday, December 14, 2016

have you ever driven a new audi q4?

Hello family and friends, Christmas is approaching and I sweated to death today.

First I want to tell you guys what toreo is. You should google it, type "toreo naucalpan molino" or something like that and find the huge mall. Basically it's a mall, but it's 5 stories and super legit. We go sometimes on pday to look around and I think we're gonna go bowling sometime soon there. (yeah missionaries can bowl. I didn't know that either). But it's pretty legit.

In Mexico, for the most part stop signs and stop lights don't exist. At bigger intersections they do but mainly it's just slow down a little and whoever has more confidence sticks their neck out and goes. It's pretty funny to watch the traffic sometimes.

This week I got asked if I was Brazilian. I just kinda sat there for a minute and contemplated the question and what I was going to say. It really caught me off guard. but I'll take the honor that apparently my Spanish is good enough to be considered Brazilian. For those of you who don't know, Brazilians speak Portuguese. So I'll just leave that here.

I got sick, yet again. There's no more to say, besides the fact that even though I love Mexican food, Mexican food doesn't love me.

I got to paint! We painted a roof for an Hermana. It was pretty cool. We went to her house and I brought jeans to change into. I'd never worn these jeans before because I bought them right before I left. I put them on and I actually couldn't do the button. I'm not joking. I struggled for about 10 minutes....and after a lot of sucking and sucking and more sucking I finally buttoned it and suffered through painting with tight jeans for about 2 hours.

I tried "jugo verde" this week and let me tell you....probably the worst thing I've ever had in my life. It's a mixture of cactus, oranges, apple, banana, and some other green bitter thing. I almost cried drinking it, but I hope it makes me like super man or something with all that healthiness.

This is a cool story. We had a lesson with a new person this week and we had our second lesson with him on Sunday, The first time we met on his patio because we couldn't enter his house. His family is super catholic and testigo de jehovah. At the end of the lesson he was really interested and told us he wanted to make us feel a little more at home the next time we meet.  So on Sunday (our 2nd lesson) we met in his workshop where he paints cars. We started to teach and stuff and he was like "uh sorry, but I'll be right back" and runs out. We were a little confused to what just happened and wondered if we had said something wrong. We wait a bit and he comes back with two bottles of water and apples for us and said "I just wanted to get you guys something, sorry". We then continued teaching and he was like "wait we're gonna do something". At this point I was thinking what's about to happen, and he grabs the keys to an Audi Q4 in his shop. He opens the drivers side door for me and I get in and Elder Sanchez gets in the passenger seat, and he gets in the back. So we have a whole entire lesson in an Audi....and at the end we committed him to be baptized on New Years day. That's pretty legit.

The last worldy thing is the saying "haga patria y mate un chilango." The concept of chilango is hilarious. Basically, no one wants to be a chilango, but the debate is that a chilango is either the people who live here in the ciudad, or the people who aren't from here but come to live in the ciudad (like me). The saying is basically "be a patriot and kill a chilango" because everyone hates chilangos. I just thought that was funny. Elder Sanchez taught me that..


Okay everyone, here is some homework for you...First there's a talk called "This Day" by President Eyring. Read it! It says we need to act TODAY. Don't wait for tomorrow, for the new year, or a new week. Start today! If we procrastinate the day of really anything, it could be too late. If we really want to change, we should do it today!I invite all of you to apply this...really try to change today. If you want something different, make it different right now. There's no need to wait. Second, 
look up the talk "In Times of Affliction" it's not a talk but youtube it. It's super good. A lot of times we claim to be followers of Christ, but what do we do? Nothing. If we claim to be followers of Christ, WE MUST FOLLOW HIM! And where did he go? To suffer in the garden of Gethsemane, to die on the cross. If we say we follow Him, we too need to go to those places. It's tough. Believe me, I know it's tough. But it's worth it. If we really want to carry his name, we need to do what he did, say what he said, act as he acted, and feel a little of what he felt. Then we can say that we stand shoulder to shoulder with him. I can't think of a greater honor than that. 

I love you guys a lot! I hope everyone is enjoying your Christmas season. I love this time of year. I hope you're all safe and happy because you all have a million reasons to be happy! Count your blessings please. I'm still praying for Texas and please pray for me! The mission is great, but it sure is tough. I hope you all have a great week! I love all your emails...keep them up. 

PS Happy late Birthday to the one and only Granpda Jones!!! He's pretty cool :)

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment