Tuesday, November 7, 2017

i've run out of sauce quotes

Well not much this week: basically we contacted a million people this week, just walking around and talking, and talking, and more talking and no one wants to listen to us. Some christian people starting to tell us how wrong we were and that we needed to ask God what the truth was and then one guy prayed for us in the street. I was content. No one had ever prayed for me before. My compa was a little upset but hey at least they're good people, believe in God, and are trying to help others to believe in the truth (even if it's the wrong truth). 

One exciting thing was that I stood up in front of an entire bus and just started to contact them. I just shared a message with everyone and then went to pass out cards and EVERY single person rejected me. But that's okay. I was happy with my efforts.

Sometimes missionary work is kinda tough and no one wants their soul to be saved. But God still loves them. And I still try to love them. And some day they'll change.

Elder Moore shared some life changing scriptures with me this week. the scriptures are found in Moroni 10:20-23.

20 Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faitthere must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity.
21 And except ye have charity ye can in nowise be saved in the kingdom of God; neither caye be saved in the kingdom oGod if ye have not faith; neither can ye if ye have no hope.
22 And if ye have no hope ye must needs be in despairand despair cometh because of iniquity.
23 And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me.
This scripture is awesome bc for those of you who don't know there was period in my life when I didn't believe in God (someday I can tell you the story), but after my change I really saw a huge difference in the happiness in my life before and after that change. A few weeks ago I made the connection between faith and hope, and how hope is the opposite of despair. So when Elder Moore shared this scripture with us it just blew my mind that it says it right there in the scriptures. I know that this is true. I believe that a belief in God is directly related to our happiness in the earth. If we have faith in him, we hope that He is there. And if we have hope, we don't have despair, and we can be happy. I know that God lives and loves us and that He's literally our father in heaven. He's our best friend and is always listening. He answers in mysterious ways but always answers. I love him and am grateful for all that he's given me.
Love you guys!!! Have a great week. Study your scriptures and be obedient. Learn something new!!
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment