Wednesday, November 22, 2017

it's Thanksgiving?

I literally wasn't sure if it already passed or if it was this week, but from what I understand, Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday. Anyway, I think I'm going to try and make a pecan pie so everyone wish me lots of luck. 

Today is the end of black Friday in Mexico (it started on Friday) so I bought myself a new jacket and a sweater to celebrate. (sorry parents I indulged). Also Carl's Jr exists in Mexico, in case you were wondering

Work was a little boring this week so I'm just going to answer the questions my mom put in her email for me:

I did not eat anything weird or new this week. We did eat some albondigas (meatballs?) which were delicious and ginormous. The hermana hard boiled eggs, and then covered them in meat and it was a chipotle sauce and it was DELICIOUS. Also we ate cream of squash flower (I think that's how it would be said in English) which is also delicious. **If you blend together a bunch of carrots with milk and some sweetened condensed milk and salt and pepper its delicious as a soup**

We are teaching the familia Chacon. The wife is less active and the husband and kids aren't members. They're super cool. Pray for them so that the hubs gets baptized. He deserves it because he's super cool.

My favorite part of the week was getting to talk yesterday in church. I talked about the great commandments in the law, marriage (how I'm going to find a pretty girl that smells good (inside joke if you wanna know you can ask), eternal families, and tied it all into missionary work. 

My worst part of the week was getting chased by dogs like every single day. There's something about dogs here: 1. There's a million all over the place and 2. they always chase bikes. So they always chase us when are on our bikes so we have to hit them with a rod or a rock or kick them. It's not too fun.

This week I studied in 1 Nephi. Every time I read the story in 1 Nephi again I just remember how great it is. In chapter 15 (I've probs shared this before sorry) there are these two verses:

26 And they said unto me: What meaneth the river of water which our father saw?
27 And said unto them that the water which my father saw was filthinessand so muchwas his mind swallowed up in other things that he beheld not thfilthiness of the water
These verses are just super interesting to me. It says that so much his mind was swallowed up in other things that he beheld not the filthiness of the water. This can mean a lot of things, so I'll leave it up to you guys to think about it. But it's an interesting thought, that if our minds are absorbed with other things, we wont see the filthiness of the water. 
Love you guys!!! Have a great week!
Elder Jones
My compa and I after black Friday shopping, and the the with the fam Perez and hermana Alma


No comments:

Post a Comment