Monday, November 27, 2017

happy cyber monday

Hello everyone! This week will be pretty short but here's a quick run down:

It was Thanksgiving. We ate enchiladas suizas. I also made pecan pie which turned out great and the members here LOVED it. So that was nice. Now I've just got to make some Texas barbecue this next week and show Mexicans how real barbecue is. Stay in tuned.

This past week I feel like I ate a lot of food. We went to a restaurant with some members on Saturday. It was delicious. If you come back to Mexico with me I'll take you to that restaurant. Let me tell you about this GINORMOUS plate of chilaquiles (chilaquiles are basically tortilla chips with salsa verde and cream and cheese all over it, and you can put meat on in too) it sounds gross but its delicious. I had never seen such a huge plate. here ya go:

​ I also ordered a gordita (the blue thing) but I could barely finish the chilaquiles. I was happy.

We also had stake conference this week which was DOPE. Elder CastaƱeda a seventy) and Pres Grossen and Pres Johnson (from the temple) spoke. It was really great and we had lots of people come. I got to talk to Elder CastaƱeda again (I met him in the ccm) and it was super cool.

This change I've really learned to love more and be more service minded. I like to bring breakfast to the missionaries in their conferences, or think more in my companion or the members than in myself. Tomorrow we told the hermanas to get to the meeting early so that we can cook them breakfast. It's just something that I've learned to enjoy, using what I have to bless the lives of others. It makes me super happy. As we give what we have to others we receive great blessings. And we're just happier. So that's the invitation this week. Think more in others this Christmas season and be super service minded! 

Go and watch the light the world video in mormon.org and share it on twitter or facebook or wherever! And then go do what it says. 



​ Have a great week! 


Your fav papucho, Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment