Tuesday, September 26, 2017

the world is ending

and people still don't want to repent. hahah. But it's okay. We're helping people to understand.

Hello world! Forgive me for not sending any emails in a while but nothing has really happened. Thanks to everyone who responded to my earth quake email on Tuesday. Sorry I won't be responding personally, but I wanted to say thanks here!!

These past few weeks have been kinda difficult due to my companion. He goes home in 4 weeks and in missionary terms he is frito, muerto, y apesta. If you speak Spanish you'll know what I mean. haha! He's a great guy and I'm learning a few things from him, but he's also very disobedient. It's been difficult, but I'm trying to learn from this situatino. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to learn from this, but I'll keep you guys informed in coming weeks. I feel like the reason might be so that I can see what I don't want to be like at the end of my mission. Or in any aspect of my life. Whether it be in the mission or studying, or in a job or marriage, if I just stop working then I won't be able to receive the blessings that God has for me. I read this morning in a church magazine that one of ten ways to be financially stable is work. It's pretty obvious, but we can't just earn whatever thing, money, blessings, or eternal life, unless we're willing to work for them.

If this keyboard didn't suck so bad I would tell you all about the robbery we saw but I'll save that for another week or maybe after the mission.

One thing I think about a lot when I play piano is Brother Hauth. Whenever we were in mutual he would always bug me to play piano and I didn't like to because "playing piano while people sung was hard" but now I've played piano every Sunday in some wards and in most mission meetings. It's something that I've been trying to develop even more. So youth that want to go on a mission, learn to play piano because if you go to Mexico, basically no one plays the piano and you may need to use that talent.

Finally, I'll end with Carlos. We've starting teaching him this past week. He's the boyfriend of a member. I love teaching Carlos bc he asks us a lot of questions. It's great because he's similar to the way I was a few years ago. I feel like maybe that's why president sent me to this area so that I could help him. I was really mad about being sent to this area at first but now I can see why.  The Lord has a plan bigger than mine. He can see the whole picture and I can't. We need to go with his will and we'll understand why a little later. I'm grateful for the experiences I've had in my life so that I can share them with others and help them the same way that I was helped.

Love you guys! Stay safe!

Elder Jones

bday of Hermana Guerrero (in yellow

Squadddd

me, Noris, hermano that I don't know his name, Quetzally, Tita, and Metzi. They're my homies


​​my homies....really blurry in the terminal. I lost my name tag.


mi casa



No comments:

Post a Comment