Tuesday, August 8, 2017

welcome home

Hello everyone. As I mentioned last week this change we will be in 5 areas.The Elders who covered some of the areas that were closed left a lot of work for us, so this past Saturday we had a baptism!


​This baptism is quite the tender story. This little joven is called Ines. Ines lives really close to my first convert in my whole mission, called Juana Maria. They spend a lot of time in Juana Maria's home. Ines is Juana Maria's granddaughter!!!! Isn't that amazing?? It's amazing how one convert really does lead to more. Sometimes as missionaries we're upset because we don't baptize much, but Ines is a living testimony that one baptism always leads to more.
I was also able to go to the services of Tezozomoc on Sunday to confirm her and it was like coming home. Lots of people were really excited to see me, and turns out some members had even been asking for me. It was quite the tender mercy to be able to come back to that ward. It felt like home.
We ate some cake this week. It was weird. I'm not sure how many of you have eaten a cake made out of shredded jicama, carrot, and cucumber, with mango and gummy bears on top. And then it was sprinkled with spicy sweet Mexican stuff on it. Not gonna lie it wasn't bad, but it was REALLY weird.
I'd like to share this poem I stole from Elder Nielsen's email (homie from my CCM district):


"In whose hands"

In my hands a basketball is worth $20
The hands of Lebron James worth thousands

A baseball in my hands is worth 8$ 
A baseball in the hands of Babe Ruth is worth millions

Some mud in my hands will get me dirty
Mud in his hands will heal the blind

With couple of Nails in my hands I can build a bird house
A couple of nails in his he saved all of us. 

Whose hands are we in?


This made me think...what can we be in the hands of the Lord? It's interesting to take this perspective about things and really think about: whose hands are we in?? Each of us has the divine potential to be instruments in the hands of the Lord. Sometimes we may think, we're just another human. Why would God care about me when there are billions of others to care about? But in God's hands, we're a priceless work of art. 

I love you guys! I hope everyone has great week. I almost have a year in the mission! Letters and emails are greatly appreciated.😉

- Elder Jones

PS....Perks of a waterproof camera: you can take selfies from beneath the water of the baptismal font. Cool, huh? Someone should make this tumbler worthy with a cool quote.







No comments:

Post a Comment