Tuesday, December 19, 2017

miracles on miracles on miracles

Christmas miracles are real people, because we are living them up here in Sauces this week.

I hope that this email finds you all sound and well, and I hope you all enjoy this list of Christmas miracles:

1 - We had a baptism. We've been teaching a part member family for a while now and the dad is taking forever to get baptized (we're making sure he's nice and ready but he's got lots of doubts) His daughter has also not been baptized yet! Well she has now, but this past week the Hermana got in touch with us and wanted her daughter to get baptized before they went out of town for Christmas! So we ran around to ´put everything together and Romina got baptized on Saturday!


2 - I have learned around 4 more or less complicated songs on the piano this week, and have played for about 1000 people in total. That's quite a miracle that it didn't sound terrible. If you guys remember the event I mentioned a few weeks ago that we did for light the world...we did two more on an even bigger scale on Saturday and Sunday! I played several pieces between the two days. There are no videos from the event of me playing (that I have), but I'll be making one public that I have on google drive of a duet that Elder Jacobsen and I played during the event, we will also be playing in a talent show on Friday. (WARNING ITS A VERY ROUGH DRAFT, IT DOESN'T SOUND GREAT) but I hope you all like it. Here's some fotos of my compa and I and Elder Jacobsen at the event on Sunday.



3 - I haven't died yet. I've been quite sick since Monday (hence the sweater, jacket, and scarf in those pictuires) and then being outside in the cold all Saturday and Sunday night didn't help the most. I've been taking very yucky medicine and doing all kinds of Mexican home remedies to try and stay alive, and I'm still sick, but I'm also still alive. Pray for me people.

4 - This is probably the biggest miracle: we went to the movie theater today to go and watch Coco. The area president sent a letter to all the missionaries this past week telling them that the missionaries need to go and watch Coco. So they gave us permission to go to the movie theater and watch it . So that is exactly what we did today:

​I can now say that Coco is my favorite movie of all time, and I promise you all that the movie is way better in Spanish with all the expressions and stuff, and it's even better when you've actually lived most of what's seen in the movie haha. I thought it was really interesting watching the movie how much it has to do with family history. The movie is based in the catholic religion with the ofrendas and stuff, but I think it's really interesting how much importance the movie puts into remembering our ancestors (it took me a while to remember that word) and never forgetting them. In the movie, when the people in the world of the dead are forgotten, they disappear forever, and it's kinda the same in real life. When we forget our ancestors, they disappear, because if we don't remember our family, people who aren't our family are definitely not going to remember our family. So I think that would be the odd invitation for this week leading up to Christmas. to first off, watch Coco if you haven't seen it because it's the best movie ever, and also, remember our families more, so that they don't get forgotten forever and "disappear." 

Those are some miracles I've seen this week! Last invitation would be to think about the Christmas miracles you guys have seen! Because they're always there, we just have to search for them. Also go watch this video: because its cool:


If it doesn't work just tell my mom to share it on facebook haha

Love you guys! Have a great week and a Merrry Christmas!

Love,
Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment