Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Trunky

I've been trunky for a while, but idk what the big deal about it is. I mean everyone is always like "elder are you dying?" "elder do you want to go home?" "elder are you trunky?" and I mean yes I'm ready to go home, I've been ready to see my family and friends and have a normal life for quite a while now, but that doesn't matter! Just gotta keep working. Obviously I want to see my family and I think about home a lot, mainly because every day I've got to tell at least one person that I've got almost 23 months in the mission. But this life isn't about what we want to do. There are lots of things I could do.....get a tattoo, or drink coffee, or play soccer on Sundays, but does God care about that? He wants us to be happy but in his way. We have to be obedient and do his will, not ours. That's how we'll be happy eternally. So yes I'm trunky, but it's normal. And I'll keep working, the same waywlaways I always went to church even though there were some days I would have preferred playing with the FC Dallas club or something like that haha.  In the mission you've gotta have hope. I mean if you don't, you just want to die. Actually, you want to die but you live because you have hope haha. That hope, like Moroni says in Ether 12 that faith is an anchor for our souls. Without that anchor we just float really wherever. That anchor keeps us tied to the gospel. Losing yourself in the work is also interesting. If you always focus on things like "man when will this be over" or "this sucks and is hard" or stuff like that, we cant immerse ourselves in the work.  Sometime we'll have those thoughts and stuff, but if we're lost in the work, they don't affect us too much. We continue on with life. I don't count the days hahaha. No worries there and I'm laughing about 75 percent of the day. The other 25 percent I'm either spiritual or angry. But I get over being angry pretty quick bc I laugh about something haha. Relying on the Savior is also a really interesting point. Someone once told me that they believe in God because we cant do it alone. TBH we can do this life alone, pretty easily. Lots of people do. But we cant do eternity alone. And life gets way easier whenever we rely on the Savior. Alma 7:11-12 talks about this, how the Lord took everything upon him to help us and that's pretty cool. It's a principle that's necessary for our lives.  Love you lots mom!! Have a great week!

​Elder Romero and I did interchanges and had a movie night. We probably should have gone to bed earlier hahaha

 ​I got my sombrero too

No comments:

Post a Comment