Saturday, June 23, 2018

we got high today

Almost 22 months as a missionary and I still make dumb jokes like that. Today we went to the torre latino. It's just this really big tower. We went to the museum and I didn't actually learn why it was built or why its there, but it was pretty cool.

My compa and I inside the torre. 
It was really interesting looking out on all of Mexico city, and we could see things like the airport and the temple even though they're kinda far away. 

This past week it rained a lot. It wasn't a whole lot of fun. Getting wet all day every day as a missionary is not the best in the world. And the other part of that is that we were knocking doors all week, which is neither the best in the world, and so we spent many hours knocking doors while getting wet, and it was slightly miserable. But I remember in some moment something just clicked, and my situation didn't change, and nothing got better, and I was still knocking on doors and getting wet, but my perspective changed, and I was just content. I was happy that I was serving the Lord. Even though my circumstances weren't wonderful, I just chose to be happy. Many times in life we let our situations and circumstances and trials define us and control our lives. But yesterday in a meeting a new sister missionary from Fort Worth said something really interesting. She had to talk about hope, and in broken Spanish she said that if we want hope, we have to choose to have hope. It's as simple as that. If we make a conscious decision to change something, we can change it. That's what I was thinking about today, is that we can always be happy when and if we choose to be happy. Love you guys a lot! Have a great week, choose to be happy!

​Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment