Tuesday, May 8, 2018

swimming in the baptismal font

The kid that I got to baptize yesterday is named Jose Felipe, it was his 10th birthday!! He was really excited to just get in the water hahaha. Both of his parents are members of the church. but they don't ever go anymore, so some neighbors take him. It's really interesting to see that even though the parents don't go, their children are really willing to make the sacrifice to go to church! Satan really did not want him to get baptized. The baptism was at 8, (in the morning) so we had to get up at 3:30am to go to the chapel and fill the font. We spent an HOUR AND A HALF trying to turn on the boiler!!!! It was tough because the automatic turn on thing wasn't working, so we had to take apart the boiler so I could stick my hand in the boiler and turn it on. The water was warm (enough) haha. Whenever it was time for him to get out, he did not want to at all. He started swimming in there, and so I just grabbed him and picked him up and started to take him out by force, and he grabbed onto the handrail and just about pulled me in with him! I finally got him out and all was good. It was a great experience.


We played soccer this morning! Enjoy this picture:

Here's our house!
It's that small silver door by the two guys over there. It's pretty tiny, but it's cool.

 I'm excited to live in my house in Texas again though. I miss carpet and a bed that's long enough for my body.

Have a great week everyone!! Happy mothers day! Moms are the best, especially my mom. They're cool. Here's some scriptures about them so you all can see how awesome they are: Alma 56:43-48. Love you guys! Have a great week!

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment