Thursday, April 6, 2017

nopales no problems

So here it's very common to eat nopal (cactus) and it's SUPER healthy. I must say it's not the best tasting, but if you grill it up with a nice char and throw enough salt on it, it's not bad. I decided to buy some because Elder Sweat and I decided to get super healthy so this is my creation (it doesn't look great but it tasted delicious) 

​I learned how to make bomb Mexican rice, potatoes, nopales, and bell pepper. . Who said that missionaries don't cook (well)?¿

Did someone say Mormon mafia?


Elder Sweat has inspired me to just be healthy and turn all the weight I've gained into muscle. Here's a picture for you all to analyze. My new saying is "it's never too far for the gains"

​There's this BYU speech called "the instrument of your mind and the foundation of your character" by Boyd K Packer. I encourage you all to listen to it! It's so funny and it has such a great message. 

In case you were wondering my level of dedication to this whole workout thing: 


On Saturday we ate with the familia lara. They're this super awesome new family in our ward. I've become good friends with the father, he's super cool. We went over to their house between conference sessions and they fed us. Hermano Lara starts pulling out TONS of meat and sausage (arrachera y chorizo) and we get to grill it with him and we grill nopales and onion heads and then we made quesadillas/ tacos with it. 

On Sunday morning we were invited to eat breakfast with an English member. The wife is Korean and works for the Canadian embassy and the husband is German and their children speak four languages. It's pretty cool. We ate pancakes and watched conference. It was a really good morning.

I'll just share one thing from conference that President Monson said : "a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and His Gospel will help see us through to safety." I started to think about what safety meant here. I think it means safety spiritually, safety emotionally, and literally safe. I've experienced this in my life. I know that our testimony will do so much more for us than we can imagine. It will comfort us, guide us, and give us that safety that President Monson talks about. I'm not sure how all of you have gained your testimonies or will one day gain a testimony, but I know that for me I've felt the love of Christ without a single doubt. I know that he's there and that he died for me, that he loves us just so very much. That feeling is greater than any other feeling in the world. I invite all of you to try and find that feeling too. It changes lives. Changed mine enough that I'm serving the Lord in Mexico City for 2 years😉 

Love you guys so much!!! Go back and study conference it was so great! I hope you all have a wonderful week, cuidense!

-Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment